FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 1
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> Strange battles ensue
Xathax
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:03 am  Reply with quote
Tackler

I just finished a bizzare battle. Here's the situation.

I'm chilling in/around u-q at about 7:00 eve time. It's pretty busy with all sorts of ships coming and going, fighting, running, etc. Standings soup. I'm too nervous all alone in my raxie to stay and fight anyone as local is going up and down every minute: huzzah, hmmzor, bob, rat, iss, and all sorts of other assorted corps and alliances.

I end up hooking up with a guy in another rax (that he stole from a BoB ss) from ENIGMA alliance (who we have + with?) who has a cov-ops in 36n looking for a HF prophecy. We gang and run to 36n, the enigma guy reporting the HF Proph just killed a BoB Vexor, then warped to a ss. When we enter, Lord Spidey is in a Harpy. Before we uncloak, the Proph warps back in. I engage the Proph, friendly engages the Harpy(unbeknownst to me: I thought he was fighting the Proph too).

I've just gotten the Proph into armor as he's getting me into structure. I mwd away, leaving my drones behind and warp out with ~60% structure. Harpy jumps out. Proph warps off. RAT Arma jumps in. Friendly warps off because of no standings with RAT. I warp back, collect my drones. Arma jumps out, friendly warps back in. I collect my drones and keep repping my armor. Amber in an Ishkur and Spidey in his Harpy jump back in when I'm at about 60% armor. I engage Spidey. Arma jumps in, friendly warps out, Spidey warps out. Amber's Ishkur pops(with some unnecessary help from the Arma). Arma jumps out.

Spidey warps in 60km away from me. I mwd to him, while trying to rep my armor (never finished repping it from first Proph fight). Just as I scramble him, friendly announces he's at ss and has Proph scrambled. I kill Spidey and warp to friendly. Arrive just as his Rax pops. Proph is at ~20% armor, I'm at about 40% armor with 15% cap and 60% structure. Close, open up, he pops with me at 46% structure(named damage control 4tw!). Pod. Scoop loot and drones, warp to my new ss (created when I first warped away from proph with only 5% cap) since I was sitting at a HF ss with 2 Huzzah still in local.

I decided to call it a night at this point, even though there was a Vexor and a couple Stabbers running around, plus the friendly Arma (this is just what I know of, 8 in local, no 3 from the same alliance or corp). I run the trip home, dock, dump loot, and write this.

Crazy shit.

Result:
http://er.eve-killboard.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=16678
Morgina
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:12 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

That was a very nice run!!!

The Thorax is such a powerful ship in the hands of a capable pilot.

What setup where you using on it?
Shaemell Buttleson
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

I know what you mean about being nervous and probably a little confused by the mix of corps and alliances that are sometimes all in the same system.

The other day I was at a gate and a RAT gang which are blue to us insta'd to it which was all fine and dandy but they had a few other ppl in it who then proceeded to lock and shoot at me. I just jumped through btw even though I could have probably handled them. I just didn't know if the RAT gang would have joined them that's all.

Christopher Multsanti
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:16 pm  Reply with quote
Cartiff's alt

Sounds like a wild few minutes there, nice job, probably best not to post your set up here as this is a public section of the forum.

Razz

Dianabolic wrote:
FC's from what we know:
Lunas Feelgood
Cartiff (Christopher Multsani (sp) is his alt)
Escador
Christopher Multsanti
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:21 pm  Reply with quote
Cartiff's alt

Shaemell Buttleson wrote:
The other day I was at a gate and a RAT gang which are blue to us insta'd to it which was all fine and dandy but they had a few other ppl in it who then proceeded to lock and shoot at me. I just jumped through btw even though I could have probably handled them. I just didn't know if the RAT gang would have joined them that's all.

Yeah difficult situations, but always remember this standings are king, if you could have handled them. RAT would and should not have shot you if youstarted to own their friends Smile

Dianabolic wrote:
FC's from what we know:
Lunas Feelgood
Cartiff (Christopher Multsani (sp) is his alt)
Escador
Xathax
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:39 pm  Reply with quote
Tackler

My setup is posted in the cruiser section of the setups forum. I'll post it here just to give any visitors some help:

1 Heavy Electron blaster II, 1 Medium Pulse Laser II, 1 Assault missile launcher, 1 small nos, cloak

named ab, scrambler, sensor damper

small rep II, bcu, heat sink, mag stab, damage control.

10 light drones: 5 hornets, 5 warriors.

Setup absolutely pwns everything.
JoKane
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Dreadnought Pilot

Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

No BCU? Wink
Xathax
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:44 pm  Reply with quote
Tackler

Xathax wrote:

Damage is too low if you don't put that on.
Fata1
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

Xathax wrote:
My setup is posted in the cruiser section of the setups forum. I'll post it here just to give any visitors some help:

1 Heavy Electron blaster II, 1 Medium Pulse Laser II, 1 Assault missile launcher, 1 small nos, cloak

named ab, scrambler, sensor damper

10 light drones: 5 hornets, 5 warriors.

Setup absolutely pwns everything.

are you serious? ill take on that thorax with my thorax and see for my self how good that set up is
Xathax
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:22 pm  Reply with quote
Tackler

Look at how many missile hardpoints a Thorax has and then ask if I'm serious. Very Happy

No, my setup is on page one of the cruiser setups section of the skills and ships forum.
Redhorse
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:28 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

Fata1 wrote:
are you serious? ill take on that thorax with my thorax and see for my self how good that set up is

Shocked Rolling Eyes NOOOB Razz