FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 1
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> Finlly a fight
Pat
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:50 am  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

So me dahin,bujie and blackdog are out roaming, nothing much happening bar a raven kill, so we set waypoints s-e then bkg, getting chased by 50 goons in t1 frigs who are moving REALLLY slowly.

So we reach bkg, dahin calls out that there is 100 in local and a big enemy gang at the station, we jump in hook up with gyro's gang and warp to his pos.

"aline for station, load up for close range"

everyone loads javlin,quake etc set for about 40km.
Set overveiw by name, a-z. Vagabonds and support kill all hte goonies t1 frigs and bump/scramble some bs.
vagabond shows "following...in warp"

As we drop we hit the lag wall...nothing happening...then overvei fills with about 40 hostiles our little gang of 25 sitting....4km from them lol.

"this is not good"

"primery is..." and so on, then our brave interdictor pilot warps in bubbles fleet mwd's to station docks(lol)
Enemy fleet is getting insta melted off all the tempests and megaT's at close range am running around with bujie killing tacklers(1/2 u lock and they die by the time u finsih)

tackling,getting droned,having to mwd out, mwd back in killing the renforcment of goons, shooting some bs that are close untill more support comes into range.

Our first bs goes down(lorth) as the remainding bs of era/goons go down

Then their is just cans to be looted and gf to be said in local, phonix got it all fraps so u will see how good it was.

Tbh it was nice to just be in the bigger battles again, missed them Smile
http://d2.pro-gamerz.de/

For the results.
Blackdog
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:31 am  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

Aye, it was an AWESOME fight and we definitely can have a place in that with our fast moving ships. They have a lot of BS and the enemy has a lot of meatshields in the form of goons that we can help clear.

The commander was top notch, i think they even had a secondary commander because i heard "primary for support is.." a couple of times.

Sadly for me, i forgot to turn off effects before warping and when you do it in the same grid as the hostile fleet, it has no effect until you warp out and back in. However, Gyro had told us 3-4 times "stay with us vagabonds" and i thought i'd better do. Besides the 3 of us there were also 2 more vagabonds from Fate and hostile support was decimated.

Due to effects showing i was having a bit of trouble maneuvering. At the start of the fight we all aligned to the POS, i kill these 2 frigs and by the time i realise it i'm way ahead of the BS and not doing any damage at all,so i turn around and approach targets of opportunity.

I got only 2 frig killmails due to that, while Bujie got 12 killmails in total, and was in 2 BBs and 2 BS killmails as well. One was a tempest we got while camping the entry gate into the system with Dahin scouting on the other side. The next one was a goon safespoted Raven that Dahin found. 3 vagabonds,maller,stabber,wolf and taranis jump through and the rest wait for him in BKG because he was aligned. We had enough points though and he didn't warp fast enough,so we killed him in the safespot.

Btw i had a lot of channel windows stacked one next to eachother and i couldn't see numbers of ppl in the channels because the bars had shrunk too much. I had no idea it was only 25 of us in gang until i read what Pat posted. Shocked

The initial warp in was a real shocker,true "in your face" style.

Later on Fate was organising a roaming hac/frig squad but it was already 5:40 am here in Greece and we couldn't follow. Shortly before we log off in the POS bubble, we also saw some BoB guys in local. Apparently, BKG rocks this time of year Cool
Bujie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:41 pm  Reply with quote
Trader

I was getting frustrated that in the whole north regions you only could find targets in a couple of systems.
As we entered in BKG i warped to my 400km spot above the station when i arrived lag hit me , i said " must be some fleet here".Overview loaded with 40+ hostiles and the closest one was 200km away. Time to bail. I put the ".bkg" in that channel and the rest was history.
The one thing i did before we warped with the fleet on the station, was to get "Size" on my overview and sort it by that, so i had pretty much all the tacklers on my overview, that helped a LOT. I had only to look after the closest ones and pawnage begun.
I was still shaking a little bit after the fight was over, this was one fleet battle i was in support killing and could do some damage, it was a rush.Can't wait to see it on Fraps.

ps: can someone tell me how i can use pharagraphs when i write here, don't really know.
Pat
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

na phonix took over when gyro got jammed, and then there was no bs left so he started calling primerys after telling the bs to aline Smile
Christopher Multsanti
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:59 pm  Reply with quote
Cartiff's alt

and it happened again tonight.

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/cmp/goon-death.jpg

Dianabolic wrote:
FC's from what we know:
Lunas Feelgood
Cartiff (Christopher Multsani (sp) is his alt)
Escador
Oceana
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:20 am  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

Aren't the goonies a riot to slaughter?
Razz

We are sad they have left Syndicate for the moment, its way harder to find targets. We are reduced to killing 3rd Front and ROA (the goons hired ROA to try to "keep" their space for them, lol)

Rolling Eyes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 am  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

At some point while killing Goonfleet one of the guys in gang said "I can understand why NBSI moved to syndicate" Laughing

Nevertheless, i sort of like the whole idea behind the Goon concept. They actually try to do the best with what they have and that's nice. Not to mention that it's been a real rush lately. Most of the times support warps in closer to the enemy while our BS stay at a bigger range. You get a lag spike and wonder where you'll land,then it's 50 frigates at 30-40km and you have to keep them away from the BS. Not to mention that constant maneuvering means that you are off alignment and among the last people to warp out.

I would have died tonight when a bunch of them jumped us on a gate. Luckily i was jammed and couldn't aggress,so i started crawling to the gate from 8km out in my multi-webbed vagabond (mwd on and less than 50m/sec speed). Dual extenders saved me again, plus our ceptors were really good and they happened to pick off the one that was webbing me.

Edit: Video with the fight is here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=324344
Oceana
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:27 am  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

Blackdog wrote:
At some point while killing Goonfleet one of the guys in gang said "I can understand why NBSI moved to syndicate" Laughing

OMG Goonies are back and its soooooo funny. Look at our killboard from about 22:00 April 22 to 01:00 April 23.... and we don't have everything posted yet, lol

http://nbsi.eve-killboard.net/?a=kills

Meh, Conin/Snigg showed up part way thru so we killed them too, it was a 3 way fight cause they were killing goonies as well as us, but what the heck, NBSI Laughing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 am  Reply with quote
HAC Pilot

I do not know why I still do this. Read about all the fun you guys have. We are fighting RED, and that sucks. They allways have warp core stab on, and if they do not outnumber us by 3 to 1 they wont fight. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I miss you guys, and it is good to see cartiff is back where he belongs.

PS: DO not come to -v- space Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

And just wanted to use my sig again.. Razz Razz
DjDangle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:02 am  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

Dreamgirl wrote:
I do not know why I still do this. Read about all the fun you guys have. We are fighting RED, and that sucks. They allways have warp core stab on, and if they do not outnumber us by 3 to 1 they wont fight. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I miss you guys, and it is good to see cartiff is back where he belongs.

PS: DO not come to -v- space Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

And just wanted to use my sig again.. Razz Razz

Just 1 of the reasons I left V :p
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:51 pm  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

Tbh I don't count fightin the goons for much... it's shootin sittin ducks basicly. When ER were in syndicate with CI for a short stop, I once was attacked by 8 of them at a gate... Hmm I got out safe in my blackbird after havin scared couple of them away.. and an alliance gang arrived to help finish off the last couple of guys.
Oceana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:03 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

Tolin Dorden wrote:
Tbh I don't count fightin the goons for much... it's shootin sittin ducks basicly.

There are a lot of them that are still noobs but tbh they are getting better. Both tactically and in skillpoints. They can field interdictors, carriers, hacs, and intys as well as lots of T1 bs now. They are very good for training our Academy guys and some of the newer corps we have that are not as experienced at pvp, as we rebuild NBSI numbers.

Part of what was so fun on the weekend though was that Snigg and CONIN showed up with about a 30 man mixed fleet and jumped into us and it turned into a 3 way fight: OSS v NBSI/Suprem/BRS v CONIN/Snigg. They hit a lot harder, lolol. Razz Was fun to send them home too although in that case we got lucky since jumpin lag was against them (they jumped into us v goons at the S-U gate).

It's now stirred up ERA and 3rd Front and they bring a tougher crew too so this week will be pretty fun. Twisted Evil