FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> TDE4 POS Defence
cartiff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:14 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

Day 1
Smash hit our Staging Base in TDE4 late in the morning and put it into reinforced mode.

It was set to drop out at 23:00 evetime, Sunday night, not a good time for us to say the least (damn stront fuckup and late smash attack)
All available E-R formed up, 5BS 2support and a few shield boosting ospreys, prepared to defend the POS at all costs.
POS comes out of reinforced, and the Opreys immediatly start shield boosting, the combat gang holds for a few minutes for the expected attack....... nothing.
10 in gang, Local 40 ish.
Combat gang decides to attack enemy to keep them busy and from forming up, various skirmishes happen across system, a few kills and ambushes. No losses.

Then our POS guys shout, enemy have warped in 8 frigs with mass fighters assigned to suicide into our shield boosting ospreys.
They manage to get an osprey into half armor before he wander sback into the bubble and all the enemies are shot down by the POS.
This cat and mouse game went on for another hour or so, with 3 more suicide attacks on our shield boosters (joined by 2 carriers from CDC which helped out boosting).
Our BS gang shrunk to 4BS and 1 Support.
Nothing seemed to be happening so every pilot who was available in the gang switched into ospreys and helped with he boosting, while the remaining combat pilots continued to harass SMASH, buying us time.
Then it happens, Shields on 49%
Mass Enemy dreads undock from station. Enemy support fleet arrives to defend them.

E-R gang Leeeroys into them to buy shield boosters more time.
The minutes tick by as the battle rages at the station.
I'm running 2 accounts atm, 1 in a carrier sitting next to tower with my corp hanger full of stront, and a BS pilot battling at the station.
Upto this point we've suffered 4 suicide attacks against our POS and 3 battles at the station.
The calls goes out, SHIELDS AT 50% !!!
Bang, i drag in the stront itno the tower and somene starts onlining the Corp hanger array.
We know we can't hold off the expected attack, but we gotta hold the line long enough to get our important assets out.

Hanger online !!!
I drag the spare large tower, and almost a bils worth of loot into my carrier and seconds later the enemy arrive at the POS.
7 dreads and a 40man support fleet
Our 4BS + 1 Support prepare the defences, I launch fighters form my carrier and its game on.

Battle rages, and the Smash dreads start knocking chunks out of the POS.
Our fleet nosses out of the POS and engages, there is T2 drones dorpped by the Dreads everywhere and our fighters are getting chewed badly.
1 of our BS (scorp) gets out in 30% structure.
Then we lose a Raven Sad seriously denting our firepower.
The scorps useless atm as it will get instapopped so pays no further part i nthe battle really.

We're down to 2 BS and 1-2 frigs.
We carry on fighting, we manage to kill some 3 enemy BS and lots of support. Losing 10 fighters in return
Tower goes into reinforced mode and we take a breath, phew we got the assets out. Job done, Towers exits 1hour after DT.
Fuck, another crap time for us.
(I could only fit 10hours stront in my carrier)
I went to bed at 4am, knackered but happy that we held the line long enough to save the POS.

Day2
An hour before Dt i wake up and login immediatly, Jump the carrier back into TDE4 filled with more stront, and we begin preperations for the impending assault.
We spend this time pulling more ospreys into TDE4 and ammo and supplies.
Local is 40, gang is 7
DT
We login after DT to find a 10BS 30support 2dictors and 40+ fighters camping our entry gate.
Our support fleet is forced to wait outside as jumping into that is suicide and not in a good way.
As soon as the reinforced mode ends our ospreys are out and our 4 BS + few support are attacking the gate camp, trying to kill the dictors, no luck.
SMASH have learned this time though, they come in with dreads with a few minutes and quickly the POS is taking massive damage
Smash brought 6 dreads and 40 support ships to attack the POS

Our POS drops to 10% shield, and we manage to jump in 4 carriers, As soon as they load, they drop fighters and launch them at 1 of the enemy dreads, (we jumped them in just outside the bubble for this reason)
Our small gang is valiently trying to hold off the enemy support from slaughtering our fighters and the battle rages.
Our POS drops into 97% armor.
Our primary target, a Phoenix isn't looking so pretty so we ignore our fighter losses and throw everything we have into the attack, Escador in his vaga manages to leeroy through the gate camp and arrives just intime to keep the phoenix from wapring, along with some other frigs who got through, we hold him down.
The battle rages at an even higher level as smash do everything possible to save thier dread.
BOOM
The dread goes down and we're have a Nagflar scrambled, SMASH push the Panic button and everything runs for it, leaving the Naglfar and a few supporting BS to their fates.
Then disaster, a Scorpian comes in and jams our tacklers, and the dread manages to get away.
We mope up hte remaining smash at the POS and we breath a huge releif, we did it, we saved the POS.
Its got armor damage and the shields fucked, but we held.
We then decide its time that the gate camp died, so we warp in with our 4BS and 4frigs, and engage, after a pretty tense 10minute battle, we hold the gate.
Smash retreat and aren't seen again all day.

Amazing work by all at the POS and GF to the Smash guys, you almost had us there guys.

E-R 4TW
E-R 4TW
E-R 4TW

Blahdi > how was i hostile?
heyjoe52 > you warped in on our gate without warning and didnt pay a toll
Blahdi > you didnt ask for a toll
heyjoe52 > fuck, forgot that part
knifee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

Nice story! but you forgot the best bit... after holding TFE against all the odds, downing a dread, nukeing the gate camp...

we orbited the pos in osprays for 6hours boosting the sheilds.

Good times Very Happy

Picture of the action

[15:52:49] Christopher Multsanti > where do cruel intentions live these days?
[15:52:58] Evil Edna > in failville
[15:53:13] Christopher Multsanti > is that low sec?
ishquar tehsainte
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:03 am  Reply with quote
Ranis Whore

i'm still wondering how Will got his AF through the SMASH gatecamp Laughing Laughing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

get this on the blog!
Mandrake
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

nice story Smile

ps can i get a mention as the 'somene starts onlining the Corp hanger array' guy? Smile
cartiff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

Mandrake onlined the corp array !!!!

Blahdi > how was i hostile?
heyjoe52 > you warped in on our gate without warning and didnt pay a toll
Blahdi > you didnt ask for a toll
heyjoe52 > fuck, forgot that part
Nathrezim
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

cartiff wrote:
Mandrake onlined the corp array !!!!

lol

Alphamarine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:45 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

hehe superb work guys
Mandrake
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

Laughing

edit: next time i'll just keep my mouth shut
Lunas Feelgood
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:32 pm  Reply with quote
The King of the 'verse!

Yea GJ guys

Will Fireblade
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 am  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

ishquar tehsainte wrote:
i'm still wondering how Will got his AF through the SMASH gatecamp Laughing Laughing

I think they were all sleeping shhh
koronos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:09 pm  Reply with quote

Yay for me (scorp pilot that saved the second dread's ass).

Yeah, great job on this one guys. Was very frustrated when I heard that you had managed to get more stront into the pos the first time, by a matter of almost zero time. They were waiting until we finished getting our pos charged up and reonlined so that we could bring our fleet over, or more to the point so that they could bring theirs to k25 if needed.

I don't know if it was a diversionary tactic or faulty intel, but we had reports of a 100 man fleet moving from empire, and the whole time we thought you were coming to k25.

Anyway, like I said, great job.

Koronos

P.S. boos for aneu's gang for finally killing that kickass scorp of mine. Razz
... and NONE of the midslots popped. Evil or Very Mad
Blackdog
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:45 pm  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

Don't talk to Koronos, he ecm-ganked my Jaguar when i was taking our noobies out on a small roadtrip to K25 (just kidding) Embarassed Laughing

Btw it was a very fun fight...we had like 5-6 frigs,the only t2 stuff was my jag and FFGR's arazu i think. I jumped in, killed koronos in his taranis with fighters assigned and a tempest warped in at about 50km from the gate. I thought arties and quake and i raced the gang on top of him, but he was just cleverly baiting us in range of his AC setup. Well, the new guys were so low in SP that we couldn't kill a single armor tanking tempest Laughing

We were having a laugh in local with the tempest pilot going "give it up already" and me saying "apparently we are abit light on firepower today", when he popped drones. We kill them, i'm thinking "oh well,screw this" and enter web range to try and do some more damage (was AC fitted, got about 7-8km total range with barrage).

In the meantime, Koronos came back in his scorp with 5 fighters assigned, i'm webbed, nossed,scrambled and jammed, so i give the "get the f*ck out" to the rest of the guys while crawling back to the gate.

The funny thing is that if i had the dual extender setup my jag would have survived (was only riding with one med t2). Unfortunately, i couldn't spam the warp button to a random planet because they were all in opposite alignments from the gate i was going for, i made it to about 8km from the gate and then i try to warp out one last time and OMFG it seems to work (i think the tempest scrambled someone else at that point but still had web on me). Too bad i had just 20% structure at that point Laughing

It was a good one nevertheless, local was clean with just some friendly banter (which is always a huge plus, can't stand bad sports in games) and i was amazed at how durable the jaguar can be after CCP fixed it.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:20 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy

/me waves
Lunas Feelgood
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm  Reply with quote
The King of the 'verse!

koronos wrote:
Very Happy

/me waves

Yo m8 btw Its been a plaesure fighting you and you corp m8..

You just need new friends instead of smack alliance.. Very Happy