FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> K25, The Battle That Was
cartiff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:00 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

What a night.

Ok, story starts on Friday night when joint E-R/CDC/PURE fleet put all 7 towers in K25 into reinforced mode.
First tower exits that night ,but too alte for us to do anything about, but it is proptly put back into reinforced mode before DT. (i think, not sure)
Sovernity is now down, so Saturday morning after DT, we form up and take the station, during t he day the sattion changes hands a few times.
I have a quick nap
Main battle starts around 22:00 ish

POS comes out of reinforced mode at 00:40 ish, we form up.
50/50 split of hostiles/friendlies in local at this point.
Local continue to rise, we're slightly outnumbered by local count, not sure if all are active though ofc.
Time comes and our dreads jump in and start to engage the enemy POS.
smashkill are ready and waiting for us and it all kicks off bigstyle, enemy deploy over 100 fighters against our dreads with an ample support fleet as well.
Our fleet starts to kill enemies and fighters like theirs no tomorrow. great fight, truely amazing then CCp's hamsters die and node crashes.
Scramble to log back in and reform.
Total fuckup, some of our dreads apaear at safe, 1 even appears at a different enemy POS, locked up and is destroyed, THANKS CCP!!.
Petition filed, it will be returned.
We are reformd and warp to attack POS again. wtf happens now i do not know.
Our dreads warp from the same position as last time, to the same BM, but this time land on the otherside of the POS, almost 400k from the support fleet. WTF
So we're hurrying to get covert ops into position and the enemy attack our dreads again.
We finally get a warpin and its all on again, amss enemy frigs and fighters everywhere.
Lag is fine, you cannot imagine the level of combat at this point, everyoe has their own jobs and roles and are doing it well.
our dreads continue to beat the POS down.
The different engagements are seperated by mere minutes so its hard to get an accurate count on how many attacks and battles there were, but ther was ALOT.
Enemy POS enters armor and smashkill launch a point blank range on our dreads with nos bs's and mass frigs and support agian, with sniper bs coming in at range to support.
Now, some say we lost a dread here, some are not sure, I don't know for certain, but if we did lose a dread, it was a straight kill, no lag or exploits, just well played enemies. So hats off to you if you did get him, we'll get it confirmed eitherway asap.

POS enters 15% odd armor and again we're into another fleet battle, nos bs's and frigs/fighters on the dreads again, and we're shooting them as fast as we can lock.
Enemy snipers are agian providing support, but this time theres a can near them, so our BS's Leeeroy to the can and engage the enemy fleet at close range. Balls boys, nice.
Enemy retreat, then attack again, another mad battle, POS in structure atm.
Shields drop and its game on for the peeps in the shield. pops Smile
Tower goes down and we all cheer.
Our carrier warps in, drops the indy, our man jumps in and start to anchor our tower.
Smashkill using covert op's warpins and frigs with fighters asign continue to attack our formation, we lose a few bs's here Sad but we have so many the effect on the fleet is minimal.
Tower finshes anchroing. we warp in indy and start onlinine, our fleet then leaves the area, no need giving our enemies sitting ducks anymore, our jobs done.
Smashkill seeing an oppurtunity attack the undefended tower with frigs/fighters and fleet. We warp in at sniper range and counter attak and force them from the POS, enemy retreats taking more losses.
Our fleet then backs off agian before enemy can setup on us.

Then darwin award moment goes to TheKiller8.
Tk's afk, wakes up, thinks our pos is online, warps to the moon and goes afk again.
Sweet monkey jesus christ.
He comes back to find 40+ enemies and 60+ fighters on him, and he's going down.
We warp fleet back in to support him and the pos online counter is ticking away, 2mins to go.
We're taking out fighter and frigs like theres no tomorrow, but its too late.
POS online timer at 30 seconds, the bubble that would have saved tk comes up 30seconds too late.
TK pops, thantos down.
Enemy cheer and warpout.
Pld smashkill, if our pilot had had any brains then you wouldn't have gotten that kill, but fairplay, u put him down.

Our tower in K25 is nowing being fueled and hardners/guns are being onlined.

-------------

After DT on saturday, it also emerges that Smashkill have dpeloyed 4+ towers in BWF in the hopes of distrating us from K25.
Didn't work, we merely took the station in K25, then took all their towers in BWF into reinforce mode within a few hours.

Also saturday morning, our 2 towers in TDE4 were put into reinforced mode by smashkill, meh, not really bothered tbh.

-------------

All in all a great day for the Gemi/Vale coalition, we have a foothold in K25, and our enemies are stretching themselves to not only defend thier space, but also distract us in ours.

GAME ON

Blahdi > how was i hostile?
heyjoe52 > you warped in on our gate without warning and didnt pay a toll
Blahdi > you didnt ask for a toll
heyjoe52 > fuck, forgot that part
Dhalannil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:12 am  Reply with quote
Cruiser Pilot

Was a great night Twisted Evil

I started out in K25 in the -soon to be famous- Nodo gang. Camping both gates is a boring job but the bad guys hate it coz they can't get around. After some time our gang was losing members and it was time to head to BWF anyway so we joined the gangs there.

I left when the first POS was kicked into reinforced(the one with nothing anchored Razz ) and sadly had to miss the great fight that spawned later that night.

Many have said it before, but I agree for 500%:

DAMN PROUD THE BE AN E-R PILOT.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:28 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

Dhalannil wrote:

I started out in K25 in the -soon to be famous- Nodo gang. Camping both gates is a boring job but the bad guys hate it coz they can't get around.

They're not BAD guys, they're just made some wrong choices and are about to become SmashED and RoadkillED Very Happy

Seriously though ... it's actually nice to Smash + Roadkill to finally grow some balls and engage us.

And to Smash + Roadkill: You lie with the dogs, you wake up with the fleas.

Might not make sense to you now, but it will in a couple of weeks.
ishquar tehsainte
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:29 am  Reply with quote
Ranis Whore

nice story ...

i hope tk8 adds this to his next flash movie Laughing Laughing Laughing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:32 am  Reply with quote
Carrier Pilot

NICE recap!!! Too bad I wasn't there. Sad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:18 pm  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

Yeah TK8 is probably going to make a new movie about this all..he said so when the node crashed "coming to a flash movie near you"

Overall it was awesome, even if it was laggy at times. I haven't seen so many of our guys in such great personal danger remaining 100% calm and confident, ever since we were fighting goons close range to POS guns in XZH back in June.

Superb leadership and ofc great teamwork. There's not a single person in the alliance that didn't pull the extra mile, nobody even as much as flinched under these odds and all this descipline resulted in minimal losses to us (ok, apart from the dreads and TK8, i'm mostly referring to Cartiff's fleet here, but the guys in our alliance lost minimal stuff, dreads were not ours).

Even our noobs in Maza stayed up till 6-7am in their frigs and cruisers, they followed the rest in the close range charge, got on some of their first killmails and even survived. I think the only one from Maza that died was Hobbsalong. If i remembet correctly, when we warped to Shae at 100 he made a mistake, went in at 15 and lost a taranis to the POS. Other than that were were all alive Laughing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:34 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

E-R showed what it can do, and we can continue doing it, we will win

Blahdi > how was i hostile?
heyjoe52 > you warped in on our gate without warning and didnt pay a toll
Blahdi > you didnt ask for a toll
heyjoe52 > fuck, forgot that part
Dellie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote
Site Owner

cartiff wrote:
E-R showed what it can do, and we can continue doing it, we will win

qft...

and nice story m8...
and im gonna laugh sooooo hard at tk8 when im online... hahaha
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

Never thought this would happen, but it seems like you guys are enjoying POS/lag warfare Wink
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

Well, after the node dropped and we reconnected it was not that laggy. As for the POS wars, i still don't like it but it gives the possibility of a decent big fight every now and then, like yesterday.

If you look closely, nobody said we enjoyed the endless hours of camping gates with bubbles, it's the fight in the end that rocked Wink

Also, in situations like this that involve POS and boring things it's the sense of victory that people enjoy, not how they get there Laughing
Sort of "Hey, we almost fell asleep on the keyboards but at least we won", while in small scale pvp it's the fight that we enjoy no matter if we win or loose.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
The King of the 'verse!

Yaevep wrote:
Never thought this would happen, but it seems like you guys are enjoying POS/lag warfare Wink

Albeit the Global killing Node crash that made the fight turn faster than it would have, there really hasn't been any true crippling lag. At times there is some. I recall during the start, right before the node crashing, the lag was bad so that it took me like 1 minute or more to lock a single target and another minute or more to fire. After the node crashed and everyone got back on, the lag wasnt at all bad.

I don't think we will see in a long time any lag as bad as what we faced in XZH. Now THAT was lag...

EDIT: Ups, i accidently edited Yaevep's post instead of making a new one. I forgot i have godly powers in here Twisted Evil

EDIT2: I suck cock. Twisted Evil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:28 pm  Reply with quote
Cartiff's alt

Well I must say there pos warfare and there is pos spamming warfare, and of course the second one is bad mmmkay? Cool

Its been a long time since I have been in a good fleet battle and last night was one of the best, if you want the enemy to give you a fight it seems that you have destroy something of value to them (a pos).

Last night Smash and Roadkill. whom I will admit i didn't hold any great opinions on showed extreme balls by warping in out numbered to try and kill our dreads. Good show.

Dianabolic wrote:
FC's from what we know:
Lunas Feelgood
Cartiff (Christopher Multsani (sp) is his alt)
Escador
Zaentz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:01 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

chris, smash outnumbered? 100+ fighters and a large armed tower on their side.
Gazmus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:18 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

bah sounds good shame i missed it hope there are a lot more to come Very Happy
Shaemell Buttleson
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:58 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

Zaentz wrote:
chris, smash outnumbered? 100+ fighters and a large armed tower on their side.

If they have been outnumbered it hasn't been often, plus they have the advantage of numerous POS's and an outpost to duck into when they want new ships, repair, re-arm or refit. Also they don't have to get their pilots back from other systems when they are podded either like we do due to them having a clone facility in both systems.

There are a few pilots who do stand out in their ranks however though for bravery and also being good sports. ORCA and SCOOTER are a couple that come to mind and if they had a fraction of their coalition with same attitude as them our jobs would be alot harder!