FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 1
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> go with the flow
ishquar tehsainte
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:49 pm  Reply with quote
Ranis Whore

ok .. saturday morning - 03:30 local time ... after beeing out with some friends i logged on to play a bit EVE

the day before i logged out in TDE so i was in the SMASH homesystem, while our fleet was shooting R0ADKILL POSes 6 jumps out in K25 ... 30pilots in the system - and no friendly ... good prerequs for some spankage

i thought - hmm .. gonna check the deadend a bit .. maybe they got a mining op runnig before i move to K25 ...

checked UER and UG- ... lots of NPCers - in battleships .. not the right targets for my ranis.

so i set destination to K25 ...

when i warped to the 5F- in TDE and jumped out i saw for a short time a ship on overview - a manticore.
now in 5F- i thought ... well - i want his fucking killmail Twisted Evil

so i reapproached the gate and jumped back ... and waited cloaked for a few seconds - nothing on scan. i started reaproaching the gate. i waited for a few seconds sitting in jumprange.

suddenly the manticore uncloaked - 70km away from ...
yeah baby - here we go! starting approaching him with full speed. when his first salvo hit me (or should have hit me - as i was going more than 4k/s his cruise didn't do any damage) i was allmost in scram-range. lock-scram-web-deactivate mwd ... though i bounced a bit too far out (around 7k) i was able to get fast enough close to him. blasting him to pieces.

when he hit structure suddenly a 'sader warped on insta to the 5F- gate. i downed the manticore and shot the pod while the sader was closing in tjhe 70km really fast. when the pod popped, the 'sader was only 20k away from me. i got 10% armor left - when the 'sader started shooting me - same procedure as before lock-scram-web and blast. thanks to my DC + SAR setup he only got me into 87% structure. his pod got away - he did his homework Wink

the fight in TDE

i looted the cans - the sader dropped really nice loot .. 3 or 4 light electrons t2, 2 1400mm howi t2 and some other t2 and named stuff .. all the stuff i couldn't pack into my ranis (named stuff and t2 ammo) was destroyed with the cans

after this fight i roamed around K25 - giving some intel about a RK gatecamp in LX- before i logged of in O-V

after a few hours of sleep i logged on to check my skills and my wallet (as i'm desperate to get rid of the DG invul field i looted from a SMASH t1 friggie a few days ago Laughing ) .. my status - thanks to my SAR full armor and 87% structure - and my cargohold with the loot from the TDE fight. so around 30mio isk or maybe a bit more in my cargohold.

one guy in local - a PURE. guy in a lachesis .. so nothing to worry - suddenly a SMASH guy enters local. scanning the VSJ gate i saw there was now a stabber with the lachesis. hmm .. thought - i'll gonna help the lachesis engaging him. before i could find the position of the stabber he disappeared from local - maybe he jumped out. a few seconds after him the lachesis also jumped out - destination unknown.

hmm .. then i gonna intercept the stabber if he's moving to TDE (i also loaded void instead of null in my blasters) - thinking ... scrap it if i die - atleast i'll try to engage him. i warped on insta to the 6L78 gate - and waited. 20 seconds later the SMASH guy was back in local. i waited a bit more. i had him on max-range - but wasn't sure if he was heading my direction. so i waited a bit more.

suddenly he dropped out of warp at the gate. NOT ON INSTA ... yay!!! your killmail is mine!!
burning the mwd for one cycle i closed on to him - lock-web-scram .. he locked me back - and webbed me. i was thinking ... oh fuck - not the standard speed stabber setup with an LSE Embarassed

but i was still in weapon range - so i tried to orbit him. and it worked quite good ... his shields were dropping quite fast. while micromanaging my cap (20k scram + SAR t2 .. need some managment Razz) turning the scram on and off for one or two cycles i allmost forgot about my drones. when i launched them he allready was a 10% armor - i'm still amazed of the damage output of ions t2 loaded with void. when he went pop he had me in 64% structure. i locked his pod and started shooting it .. his shields were allready gone - when he suddenly warped out. either i forgot to scram him or i forgot to turn of my SAR as he was killing my cap - not sure.

but still a good fight.

some named stuff in the can .. and two WCS also .. maybe he should have fitted something else Wink

edit: oh .. and screw plates on a ranis Wink Razz

Last edited by ishquar tehsainte on Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yaevep
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

hehehe, nice one
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:37 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

And Admiral Licecock says we are famous for stabs! Laughing

Blackdog
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote
Mothership Pilot

Shaemell Buttleson wrote:
And Admiral Licecock says we are famous for stabs! Laughing