FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 1
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> Public -> CYVOK Resigns
Haargoth Agamar
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:41 am  Reply with quote

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cyvokresignblogwm7.jpg

Very Happy

Haargoth
Mandrake
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:00 am  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

oops i meant Sad
Cruicky
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:45 am  Reply with quote

the image has been removed Sad
Dellie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:49 am  Reply with quote
Site Owner

Dear ASCN, This will be my final Blog as Leader of your Alliance and CEO of CLS.

Some Background on who I am in Real Life.

Since I was a child my family has moved houses and schools every couple of years. The longest amount of time I have spent in one place was the 6 years I was assigned to Ramstein AFB in Germany. Even then I between various deployments I was really never in one place for more then 6 or so months at a time.

As such, I learned from a very young age that being a member of the online-community was a great place to have friends. No matter where I went, for the most part, my friends were only an internet connection away. I could always count on the online communities, especially those connected to games to satisfy my need for social interaction.

I have been playing games as a member of the online community for the better part of 20 years now. I have played games like Space Dynasty and Trade wars are part of the BBS system. More recently I have played Games like Earth & Beyond (best game of all time), Ultima, EverQuest and now EvE. I have always enjoyed being both a leader and a foot soldier. For me, the most important part of the online experience has always been the community and logging in to shoot the shit with my friends.

Over the last year the general community in EvE has degraded into a mentality which can only be described as totally unethical at worst and “mean” at best.

In the last week or so, culminating with the use of an unreported bug to kill the ASCN titan, I can no longer enjoy playing the game the way I have been enjoying. I refuse to air dirty laundry, and those privy to the information know what I am talking about, so I resign as Leader of ASCN & CEO of CLS.

All the “Blame & Fault” for what has taken place to ASCN and what may, can be directed at me. I have been honored to be the leader of the greatest Alliance organization EvE has ever known. NO ONE is to blame but me. We have built more then outposts, Ships and an Alliance, we have built a Community. That Community should survive regardless of the outcome of future events.

The Details of what is going to take Place in the immediate future.

1) Virtuozzo will be made Executor of ASCN sometime in the next 48 hours.

2) Ramius Monteagne will be made CEO of CLS. 50% of my CLS shares will be given to Ramius the other 50% will go to Promethesus.

3) I will keep the ASCN and CLS forums active until at least Jan 1. It costs me $140 a month to keep the server running and it is an expense I cannot afford much longer.

4) I will be registering a new Domain and building a new forum, something like, Gamming Community On-Line or something. This will take place before I take down the current forums. This will be a place where all ASCN are welcome to keep in touch regardless of the choices they make in the near future. I will include other games like WoW, EQ, FF, ect.. not just EvE.

5) I will be returning to Empire in the next couple days with only those items that I own. ASCN minerals are being given to those where they came from. The Capital BPO’s I have will be transferred to Ramius and the 15B ISK I have from the fund raiser will be transferred to Virtuozzo.

6) Since my accounts are all paid for nearly another year I will be quietly running an agent mission now and then when I do log in or killing some Bobits in Delve.

I have ZERO doubt that my creditability as a player is going to be totally destroyed by BoB and upset members of ASCN, but my motivation to continue playing EvE has been destroyed by forces out of my hand.

Finally, to CCP. Words cannot describe my disappointment over what has taken place, especially in the last 72 hours. CCP is loaded with some of the most creative and intelligent men and women I have ever had the pleasure to deal with and EvE is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. I am truly disappointed that the best part of my EvE experience needs to end this way.

It has been my sincerest honor to be your leader. I have done the best I knew how. I am sorry I have failed you.

Thank you all
-CYVOK-
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:30 am  Reply with quote

Kind of harsh how he's going to feel now over a game.
Bujie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:40 am  Reply with quote
Trader

Quote:
As such, I learned from a very young age that being a member of the online-community was a great place to have friends. No matter where I went, for the most part, my friends were only an internet connection away. I could always count on the online communities, especially those connected to games to satisfy my need for social interaction.

It's hard not to feel that way if your friends are online.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:00 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

EVE becomes more than just a game when you join a active corporation, and gett involved.. you create relationshipps with other ppl. you gett to know ppl in a spechiall way.
Sitting on TS/VT chatting about whatnot, having a laugh, or arguing..

EVE is werry spechiall this way. And every time som one sais its JUST a game.. I cant help my self but to dissagree.

EVE would be JUST a game, if you were a agen whore, not interacting with other ppl.
But the way we play EVE, it becomes some thing more.

Cheers
Fogy Twisted Evil

wtrlks fs isoignong on >????
then wai walkrtegd homer and tpposted tihd dhit, and npow i nkow know wnere we are m and wtf is goingo,.

Cruicky
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:34 pm  Reply with quote

Sad day Sad
So'kar
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Spy

You see that 15bil isk from the "fund raising" well Cyvok wanted to raise funds for the July alliance tourny... needed about 5 billion

Ended up with over 30bil in 1 week, thats how rich ascn was before bob war.
MAXSuicide
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:27 pm  Reply with quote
Trader

wonder who bob's next target will be...

its like a school fight, a bunch of people watch a bully beat down some random guy... (random guy being ASCN).

yet nobody stepped in to stop it....when will people learn BoB need to be smacked down, otherwise they are jsut gonna smack u down when they get the chance

i would be pissed (to say the least) too if i lost something worth as much as a titan Sad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:38 pm  Reply with quote
Cartiff's alt

hey max it might be us.

But I wonder if they could stop us from Ctrl Q'ing, whadaya think? Razz

Dianabolic wrote:
FC's from what we know:
Lunas Feelgood
Cartiff (Christopher Multsani (sp) is his alt)
Escador
silvitni
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

Christopher Multsanti wrote:
hey max it might be us.

But I wonder if they could stop us from Ctrl Q'ing, whadaya think? Razz

I think BoB´s GM´s will haxor our accounts, so ctrl+q wont work Crying or Very sad
Joram
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Cov Ops Hunter

We'll be back!!11one1111!

http://www.pbase.com/calis
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alphamarine
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:54 pm  Reply with quote
God Himself

MAXSuicide wrote:
wonder who bob's next target will be...

its like a school fight, a bunch of people watch a bully beat down some random guy... (random guy being ASCN).

yet nobody stepped in to stop it....when will people learn BoB need to be smacked down, otherwise they are jsut gonna smack u down when they get the chance

i would be pissed (to say the least) too if i lost something worth as much as a titan Sad

Agreed, we already started Laughing
KonKord
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:28 am  Reply with quote

Joram wrote:
We'll be back!!11one1111!

stop drinking!