FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register

Euphoria Released Forum Index
Page 1 of 1
   Euphoria Released Forum Index -> E-R Stories -> How I became a web nerf fan boy
Kivers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:23 am  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

Got bored of the factional warfare thing and with funds running a little low decided to head down to Querious for some Amarr friendly ratting.

Don't play much these days but it's been a good few weeks with money being made and far more targets coming to me then I've found running around low sec recently. Killed a couple of ratters and a few HAC's/Recon's that thought they'd get an easy NPCer kill, one Ishtar even dropped a Dark Blood rep \o/

Throughout this time I've kept my Falcon alt sitting one system over keeping an eye on things but he's never needed to show his face. Last night things were pretty slow on the ratting front but I pick up a Raven incoming on the alts scanner. I quickly warp my Geddon to the gate and help myself to a nice juicy Raven kill - http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=3634113 - at least he didn't log at the gate before decloaking like so many before him.

A few minutes go by and another Raven of the same corp appears in system but this time he has support in the shape of a Pilgrim, Prophecy and another Raven sitting on the other side of the gate watched by my alt. I decide to go for it and bring in the Falcon alt to 60km off the in gate (out of drone range). Bring the Geddon to the other side of the gate, let the Raven aggro me, to buy a little more time, then jump through.

I go for the Pilgrim first who hits half armour before I even have a chance to decloak the Falcon and start jamming - seems he thought it a good idea to have an optimal range script in his tracking disruptor Confused The second Raven is already in but with the Falcon generally keeping one or other of the Ravens jammed I happilly melt the Prophecy and another Raven (whose kindly approached to within 3km) before slow boating towards disruptor range of the last Raven who sensibly warps out as I approach 30km - http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=3634197

So I'm thinking good fight, just go and rat for 15 minutes and wait for aggro to drop before logging out...however, an Arazu of the same corp then makes an appearance. He's closely followed by, you guessed it, another Raven. One system over my alt confirms no more immediate back up so I just can't resist jumping through with the Raven and engaging...at which point local predictably lights up. I drop aggro and begin slow boating for the gate as a Scorp, Blackbird, Punisher and Curse join the Raven and Arazu. Unfortunately I fail to realise that only the Punisher keeps aggroing as I get close to the gate Embarassed

So I jump back through and have the other 5 jumping with me but think it might be worth going for the gate at 100m/s given the low dps ships, 30k of armour and the chance they might not have a web. Apparently only one of them does as I start doing 50m/s and overload the rep to stay alive as long as possible. As I hit 50% armor I get within 5km of the gate and start to appreciate the web nerf for the first time. Despite all the bumping I jump through with around 25% armour into the lone punisher who stayed put. I decloak the Falcon alt, who's been hiding behind the sofa until all the counter ECM buggered off, jam the one tackler left and warp off into the sunset with a whole new appreciation for game design changes...just so long as they don't touch the Falcon again anytime soon Very Happy

Last edited by Kivers on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
knifee
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:31 am  Reply with quote
God Himself

Laughing Laughing nice.

[15:52:49] Christopher Multsanti > where do cruel intentions live these days?
[15:52:58] Evil Edna > in failville
[15:53:13] Christopher Multsanti > is that low sec?
Angmar01
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

nice story Very Happy

cartiff wrote:
Lunas, stop being a drama queen and chill, get laid if you must, but remember, pat's dad needs to get to sleep early as he works for a living.
Dahin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 am  Reply with quote
Forum Spammer

fokken yarrrr
Kivers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 pm  Reply with quote
Titan Pilot

Oops late night heat wave, forgot to link the kills, including the same guy losing a Raven twice Razz , have edited the orginal post.